The Amazon best-seller, Building a Mobile App, is now in its 3rd edition for 2015.
Find out what hundreds of readers have discovered about how to hire a firm, what apps cost and what you need to know to get yours built.
It will NOT teach you how to do-it-yourself.
This book is for clients and corporations that are going to build an app. This is a great way to familiarize yourself with the process, terms and information you need to hire a firm. I wrote this book after fielding dozens of questions from clients, potential clients and people I meet at coffee shops.
Available in print and on Kindle.
- A Note of Caution
Get Started / Good Things to Know
- Who This Book is For
- Proper Care and Feeding of Designers & Developers
- Five Short Stories about Working with Designers & Developers
Part 1 / Why Build a Mobile App
- Why Build a Mobile App?
- What Could Be a Good Mobile App for your Company?
- Is There Money in Apps?
- Who Has a Mobile Device?
- “Why don’t we just build a…”
Part 2 / Understanding Apps
- Native vs. HTML5
- Understanding Platforms
- Choosing a Platform
- Resolution: A Tale of Pixels and Densities
- Building an iOS App
- Building an Android App
- Building an HTML5/Web App
- Pricing an App
Part 3 / Getting your App Built
- What Does an App Cost to Build?
- How to Hire a Firm
- Worksheet: App Planning
- Where to Look For A Firm
- What to Expect When You Are Pitched
- Please No RFPs
- How to Choose From the Bids You Receive
- What an App Build Process Looks Like
Case Studies / Let’s Look at Some Apps!
- Boart Longyear
- SmartMouth Communications
- The Mandate Press
More / Reference & More Help
- Online Resources
- Educate Yourself to Talk to Designers and Developers
- Sample Use Case
- Sample Wireframe
10 Minutes / Everything You Need to Know
Headed into a meeting and need to be informed, quick? This chapter is for you.
Start well to finish on time and on budget.
Get the FREE app planning blueprint. Register for instant access.